CESH-e (Enhanced Controlled Environment Sample Holder)
An innovative, multi-use sample holder for electrical & electrochemical characterization with high reproducibility
The Enhanced Controlled Environment Sample Holder (CESH-e) is a parallel plate sample holder dedicated to the electrical characterization of flat material samples in the temperature range between -40 to 150 °C.
- Quick and easy sample mounting/dismounting
- Compatible with through-plane and In-plane electrical measurements
- Reliable and highly reproducible mechanical pressure (100 N provided by default, 6 N provided with thickness measurement kit option)
- Modular electrode setup with many interchangeable electrodes
- Optional kit for sample thickness measurements
- Variable controlled atmospheres (inert & active gas)
- Compatible with oxygen and moisture sensitive materials thanks to its gas tightness
- Compatible with temperature chambers (-40 °C to 150 °C)
- Guarded and unguarded electrode setup
- Compatible with powder, pasty, hard, flexible, and compressible materials
The CESH-e is often used in conjunction with the ITS-e Temperature Chamber. For more details, please click here.
- Electrical Impedance spectroscopy
- Dielectric constant / dielectric loss
- In-plane and through-plane electrical measurement
The Enhanced Controlled Environment Sample Holder (CESH-e) is a parallel plate sample holder dedicated to the electrical characterization of flat material samples in the temperature range between -40 to 150 °C. Thanks to its modular electrodes setup, the CESH-e allows Through-plane and In-plane electrical measurements using interchangeable electrodes. For through-plane measurements the CESH-e can be configured in two ways: an unguarded electrode setup for routine measurement and a guarded electrode setup for conductivity measurements in compliance with ASTM D257 standard and accurate dielectric measurements as per the ASTM D-150 standard.
(Left) In-plane / (Right) Trough-plane
A thickness measurement kit including a micrometer head with a calibrated ratchet is provided as an option to ensure the accurate measurement of the thickness of the sample as per ASTM D374. The CESH-e and thickness measurement kit enables reproducible pressure (100 N or 6 N respectively) and so repeatable contact between the CESH-e electrodes and the sample. The thickness measurement kit allows the CESH-e to apply a nominal and reproducible pressure of 190 kPa with the ¼’’ electrode. It also enables tests on flexible and compressible materials.
The CESH-e can be used either with circular or rectangular sample shapes. It is compatible with gelatinous, pasty, hard, flexible, and compressible materials.
The CESH-e can accommodate various sample diameters (1/4’’ to 30 mm) and thicknesses (0-4 mm).
Three electrodes kits are offered for each measurement type. Each electrode kit of (Through Plane and In-Plane) consists of two electrodes: an upper electrode and a lower electrode.
|10 mm||097-150/IPSD (standard)||20 mm diameter||097-150/TP20|
|250 µm||097-150/IP250||1/2″ diameter||097-150/TP12|
|100 µm||097-150/IP100||1/4″ diameter||097-150/TP06|
The CESH-e is equipped with a gas inlet/outlet for material testing in continuous flow mode or in static mode. It is leak-tight up to 2 bar relative.
- Sample thickness measurement kit
- Through-plan electrodes with ¼”, ½” and 20mm diameter
- Standard & Interdigitated electrodes (100µm and 250 µm spacing)
- PT-1000 Temperature probe
- MTZ-35 Impedance analyzer
- BioLogic potentiostat/galvanostat/FRA
- Operating temperature range – 40 to 150 °C
- Core material: Anodized aluminum
- Electrode material: Gold plated copper
- Dimension D 79 x H 94 mm (121.90 clearance)
- Sample diameter up to 30 mm
- Sample thickness up to 4 mm
- Residual capacitance with 20mm diameter= 8 pF
- Weight 900 g