Why do we collect and use personal information?
We use personal information for various purposes, including to fulfill orders and requests, to manage customer and prospect relationships, conduct surveys, improve our products, software, services, digital content as well as user journeys, manage user accounts and programs, analyze activities on our digital platforms, run marketing activities, provide user with contextual and relevant information, ensure the security of our activities, protect against fraud, and, more generally, run our business activities.
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with superior service and a smooth, efficient, and personalized experience while using our digital content.
BioLogic collects personal information for the following purposes:
– To fulfill orders of product, software, services, and digital content. We collect this information to deliver your order, to obtain payment, to provide the functionalities of our applications, to communicate with you about the status of your order and for contract management purposes.
– By providing us your email address, you also consent to our using the email address to send you Website-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail.
– To better address future requests for information and support. We keep record of exchanges including personal information to provide an optimized service on contacting us for support.
– For relationship management purposes which includes communicating about the products, software services and digital content including email communications and messaging.
– To conduct surveys and polls. We may collect personal information to complete surveys and contact you for follow-up. We use this information to measure satisfaction, get to know our customers better and improve products, software, services, and digital content.
– To improve our products, software, services, and digital content; for example, we analyze the use of our website to identify areas where users have difficulties, and we improve them.
– To allow you to set up a user account and profile and manage it. We collect personal information at registration on our website to authenticate you, give you access to customer-dedicated content and to interact with you, to fulfill your requests for certain products, software and services.
– To run promotional activities: we collect personal information when you join a promotional activity. We use this information to send relevant e-mails or notifications about the activity.
– To send you marketing information by mail, email and electronic communications about promotions, news and new products, software, or services that we think may be of interest to you in compliance with applicable opt-in and opt-out requirements. This can be conducted by BioLogic, its subsidiaries or selected third parties acting on our behalf.
– To enable or administer our business, such as for quality control and consolidated reporting.
– To support corporate transactions or reorganizations in which BioLogic is involved.
– For business continuity and disaster recovery.
– To comply with legal obligations to which we are subject. For example, accounting and tax obligations.
– Any other purpose otherwise conveyed to you.
What type of personal information do we process?
BioLogic processes various types of personal information including identity and contact related information, professional related information, information about preferences, interactions with us, financial related information, online traffic data and the content you provide to us. In most instances this information is obtained from customers, partners, and users. We also purchase lists from marketing agencies and obtain information from our distribution network, business partners, through Cookies and social networks.
Personal information (also called personal data) is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. This is information which may be connected to you specifically as the individual to whom the information relates. Such information may include name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or any other information defined as personally identifiable information (or similar term) by applicable laws.
The types of personal information we process about you may include:
– Identity and contact related information, such as name, company, email address, phone number, photo, age range, contact addresses.
– Professional information, such as customer type, area of research, purchasing authority, purchasing timeframe; acquisition and use of BioLogic products, software, services, and digital content.
– Your preferences such as product, software, and service preferences, contact preferences, marketing preferences.
– Your interactions with us such as queries, orders, claims, survey answers, and more generally, any email, text and other electronic messages between you and us.
– Online traffic data such as IP address, device and system identifiers, your BioLogic user ID and password (and by extension any information you shall fill into your profile), referring website, type of browser used, consulted content, newsletters subscriptions, and location, based either on your IP address or on information transmitted by your mobile or desktop device.
– Content that you have provided via online platforms when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
– Content that you have provided via email: we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address, and our responses. We may also retain any messages you send through www.biologic.net.
In most instances we collect personal information directly from users who have a business relationship with us. We may also obtain information through a distributor or a business partner, by purchasing customer lists from marketing agencies, from your online browsing experience, from social networks, and through Cookies.
Who do we share personal information with?
In certain cases, we may share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
We share personal information with the BioLogic Group (holdings, subsidiaries) and the service providers involved in our activities, with advertising and marketing agencies, with competent regulatory bodies and authorities and business successors.
BioLogic is a global group of companies which works as one. To provide the best service to customers, prospects and users, personal data may be shared amongst personnel working for different entities. It may be the case, for example, for customer relationship management, sales or product support, marketing, product development purposes, improvement of the products, services and digital content, data quality checks, or security, finance, regulatory and compliance purposes.
We resort to service providers to carry out data processing activities and to provide our products, software, services, and online content to you. These service providers include, without limitation, providers of hosting facilities, information systems, website development, advertising and marketing agencies, IT support, security services, financial services, carriers who deliver products, outside accounting firms, lawyers, and auditors.
If we do this, such third parties’ use of your Personal Information will be bound by obligations of confidentiality. We may store Personal Information in locations outside our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases located or co-located with hosting providers).
For example, we may run webinars, or other events or activities (“Events”) on the Service together with a third-party partner. If you provide information to such third parties, you give them permission to use it for the purpose of that Event and any other use to which you consent. We cannot control third parties’ use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a third party, you can choose not to participate in these Events.
We are not responsible for the practices of sites linked to from the Services, and you are advised to review their rules and policies before interacting with any of these sites or providing them with any private information.
BioLogic may disclose your Personal Information and other information as necessary to potential buyers or other successor for the purpose of considering a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred. You agree to and do hereby consent to our assignment, conveyance, or transfer (whether by contract, merger, or operation of law) of rights to your Personal Information and other information, with or without notice to you and without your further consent.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to, or purchasing our services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies:
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, geolocation data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including, but not limited to, by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize and improve our Website.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection includes cookies.
– provide custom, personalized content and information,
– monitor the effectiveness of our Service,
– monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns,
– diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses,
– help you efficiently access your information after you sign in,
– and enhance our Website security.
If you want to learn more about the general uses of cookies, please visit Cookiepedia – all about cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not work then.
OVH is the largest hosting provider in Europe. The OVH cookies are used to make sure visitor page requests are routed to the same server in all browsing sessions and to maintain an anonymized user session by the server.
Cookie name: mp_a36067b00a263cce0299cfd960e26ecf_mixpanel
These cookies collect information on the use of our Website, such as which pages are consulted most often. This information enables us to optimize our Website and simplify browsing to offer you the best possible experience. Performance cookies also enable our affiliates and partners to find out whether you have accessed one of our websites from their site and whether your visit has led to the use of our Website. These cookies do not collect any information which could be used to identify you. All the information collected is aggregated, and therefore anonymous.
The data collected or the resulting analysis may be also shared with our sales network (BioLogic subsidiaries and distributors). We may also receive similar information about visitors to our sales network websites.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose to change your privacy preferences to prevent non-essential cookies being set. This functionality will be provided by GDPR Cookie Consent. However, if you do so you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
Retention of Your Information
How We Share Your Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers (or those of our service providers) behind firewalls. We may store, retrieve, access, and transmit your personal information in Europe.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do try to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to us or which we obtain. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or used with our Services.
What You Can Access
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
• name and password
• email address
• user profile information, including any content you have uploaded to the Services
The information that you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us via our website form: https://www.biologic.net/contact/?form=support
or by mail at Bio-Logic SAS, 4 Rue de Vaucanson, Seyssinet-Pariset, F-38170, FRANCE
By providing us with your email address (including by “following,” “liking,” linking your account to the Services, etc., on a third-party website or network), you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You also agree that we may send you notifications of activity on the Service to the email address you give us, in accordance with any applicable privacy settings. We may use your email address to send you other messages or content, such as, but not limited to, newsletters, additions, or changes to features of the Service, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out by connecting to your user account. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, special features, announcements, or offers. You may not opt out of Service-related emails.
You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
You may request deletion of your account by using our support form: https://www.biologic.net/contact/?form=support
or by mail at Bio-Logic SAS, 4 Rue de Vaucanson, Seyssinet-Pariset, F-38170, FRANCE
Following termination or deactivation of your account with us, we may retain your profile information and user content for a reasonable time for archival purposes.
or by mail at Bio-Logic SAS, 4 Rue de Vaucanson, Seyssinet-Pariset, F-38170, FRANCE
Additional Information for non-French Residents
If you are a resident of country other than France, you acknowledge and consent to our collecting, transmitting, and storing your Personal Information out of the country in which you reside.