Umbilical link for external coupling of Stopped-flow.
Umbilical link for external coupling of Stopped-flow
The umbilical connection enables you to use Bio-Logic’s advanced mixing technology with more devices and applications. The accessory is compatible with all premium stopped-flow instruments.
Umbilical connection for external couplings or difficult to access applications.
Some stopped-flow applications require special mounting options. This is often the case on a beamline where there is no room to mount the observation head directly on top of the mixer body.
The umbilical connection allows the stopped-flow mixer body and the observation head, (with last mixing stage), to be separated by up to 45 cm. With the umbilical connection you can use Bio-Logic’s advanced mixing technology with more devices, and in more applications. The umbilical connection is compatible with all premium stopped-flow instruments.
Applications where use of umbilical links may be necessary:
- Installation on a synchrotron beamline or a neutron scattering line,
● Cryo-stopped-flow experiments at sub-zero temperatures,
● High-temperature stopped-flow (T ≥ 80°C),
● Cooling of the observation head and flow lines while the rest of the instrument is maintained at a different temperature (when stock solutions are not very stable at experimental temperature),
● Positioning of the observation head in a spectrometer magnet (for this application all parts will be metal free),
● Coupling to FT-IR or EPR spectrometer.
|● Denaturation studies,
● Binding reaction,
● PH denaturation,
● Dissociation constants.
|Volume of flow line||200 μl|
|Number of flow lines||2|
|Length of umbilical link||45 cm|